Gboyega Oyetola Biography | Age | Education | Wife | Children | Net Worth
A man of many parts with vast experience in politics, finance management, business and public administration, the incumbent Governor of the State of Osun.
Adegboyega Oyetola Biography’s
Adegboyega Oyetola was born on the 29th of September, 1954 in Iragbji, Boripe Local Government Area of Osun state to the family of Hammed Oyetola; the current Imam of Egbeda, Iragbiji.
He is a technocrat, manager and Nigerian politician. He is the current Governor of Osun State. He is the 9th governor of Osun state.
He is a pronounced technocrat and a progressive politician.
He contested the Osun State gubernatorial candidate on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the September 22, 2018 gubernatorial election and he won. On March 23, 2019 Tribunal declared him to have not been legally returned and orders INEC to issue certificates of return to Senator Adeleke of the PDP which is expected to be contested at the Court of Appeal prior to his winning the election, he was the Chief of Staff to Rauf Aregbesola, his predecessor.
He started his secondary education at Ifeoluwa Grammar School, Osogbo and graduated in 1972.
He proceeded to the University of Lagos and graduated with a B.sc in Insurance in 1978. He proceeded for his mandatory one year National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in Potiskum, the capital city of present-day Yobe State, where he lectured at the Staff Training Centre between 1978 and 1979. In 1990, he also obtained his Master of Business Administration (MBA) from thesame University.
Gboyega Oyetola is a famous Politician, born on September 29, 1954 in Nigeria. As of December 2022, Gboyega Oyetola’s net worth is $5 Million.
He is married to Mrs Kafayat Olaitan Oyetola and blessed with children and grandchildren.The family has been successful and happy for years and have been able to rise from grass to grace as a result of diligence and commitment.
In 1980, Oyetola joined Leadway assurance company Limited as an area manager and worked there from 1980 to 1987 when he moved on to join Crusader Insurance Company Limited as Underwriting Manager between 1987 and 1990. In 1990, he joined Alliance and General Insurance as Technical Controller and served in that capacity until 1991. In the same year,he started his own or; Silvertrust Insurance Brokers Limited. He was Managing Director since its founding until 2011 when he was appointed as Chief of Staff to the Osun State Governor, Rauf Aregbesola.
Oyetola also served as Executive Vice Chairman, Paragon Group of Companies between 2005 and 2011. He was also theu Chairman of Ebony Properties Limited. He had been a Director of Pyramid Securities Limited, until 2011, He is an Associate Member, Chartered Insurance Institute in London and Nigeria. He is also a member of the Nigeria Institute of Management (NIM).
Kafayat Oyetola is a humanitarian, philanthropist, and wife of Adegboyega Oyetola, the 9th Governor of Osun State, Nigeria.
Oyetola was a member of the Alliance for Democracy (AD), and has been in the party through its metamorphosis to Action Congress (AC), Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) and now the All Progressives Congress (APC). In July 2018, he contested with Osun state House of Representatives deputy speaker Yusuf Lasun and Speaker of the Osun House of Assembly Nojeem Salaam, Dr Samuel Ibiyemi; Publisher Nigerian NewsDirect Newspapers, Adelere Oriolowo, Moshood Adeoti amongst others for the All Progressives Congress gubernatorial candidacy of the September 22, 2018 gubernatorial election in Osun state and won. He was sworn in to office on November 27, 2018. On 22nd of March, 2019, the Election tribunal sitting in Abuja declared that the All progressive Congress and its candidate, Gboyega Oyetola, were not validly returned.
Awards and recognitions
• Distinguished Merit Award by his alma mater, Ifeoluwa Grammar School, Osogbo, February 2014
• The Guardian Award for Exceptional Chief of Staff in the Federation 2017
• Distinguished Award of Excellence in Public Administration by Nigeria Union of Journalists, Osun State Council, August 2015
• Leadership Award for Outstanding Performance by the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE), Osogbo Branch, March 2016
• Award of Excellence by Osun State University, College of Law, Ifetedo, January 2016
• Award of Excellence as ICON of Good Governance by Network of Non-Governmental Organisation (NETNOS) State of Osun Branch. November 2017
• Award for Exemplary and Exceptional Support and Fellow of Osun State College of Technology, Esa Oke, January 2017
• Grand Patron of the Local Government Chapel of Osun State NUJ, November 2016
• Leadership Award by International Association of Lions Club, District 404B2, Nigeria, February 2016
• NAOSS-NHQ Award of Excellence in Administration and Good Governance, May 2016
• Award of Excellence in Public Administration by Rotary Club of Osogbo, Rotary International, July 2016
• Meritorious Award by NAOSS, Obafemi Awolowo University Chapter, February 2017
• African Students Union Parliament (ASUP), Pan-African Distinguished Leadership Honour as Icon of Nation Building in Nigeria 2018
Social media handles